So we have this amazing client, Murder By Chocolate, a murder mystery theater company, who is opening a new location in the Clear Lake area (greater Houston, TX) and one of the challenges they approached us with is how to best market themselves and gain quick visibility. Their main source of current customers at the 3 other venues that they perform at are word of mouth and online. So here are a few ideas we shared with them. Overall, marketing ANY business is all about VISIBILITY! It is also about simultaneous marketing…where you choose 5-10 marketing strategies and implement them consistently and persistently all at the same time. Consider these:
• Online Web Presence (Website) with Search Engine Optimization
• Email Marketing to your current database
• Social Media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Yelp, etc
• Daily Deals, such as Groupon, Living Social, Home Run, etc.
• Ribbon cutting event with your Chamber of Commerce
• Grand Opening Launch Party for community members, customers, prospects, friends and family
• Incentive Programs, Loyalty Cards
• Charity and Fundraising Events
• Cross Promotion with neighboring businesses
• Signage/Flags/Balloons outside of your storefront
• Free tastings at local events or strategic areas around your city that target your audience
…and many others. Get creative, but ultimately, get your name, location, and offering in front of as many people as you can.